In order to get the most out of the Cub Scouts experience, an attendance policy has been set. Den Leaders will closely monitor attendance for Cub Scout.
- 3 Tardies = 1 Absence
- 3 Absence = Dismissed from Cub Scout Pack 797 (No exception)
An unexcused absence is an absence in which the Cub Scout did not inform a Den Leader of his absence, or was denied permission to miss an event.
An excused absence is presented by phone call or in a written format by a person other than the Cub Scout’s family member, which provides the reason for a Cub Scout’s absence with specified date and event.
Example of an excused absence is:
- Call/Text to Den Leader before meeting start with reason for absences
- Doctor’s note, School event (signed note from school)
- Arriving after 10am or assigned time for assembly is considered TARDY (Late).
- 3 Tardies will be considered a 1 absence.